“One of the most responsible things you can do as an adult is to become more of a child.” — Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Author, Spiritual Teacher
Wake Up Ready
Young children are some of the happiest people on Earth. Is it any wonder? They wake up ready to greet the day, see life as a playground for learning, and always let their inner light shine regardless of who else is around them.
So, when I’m feeling a bit “blah” and need a quick pick-me-up, I’m glad that I can instantly put into practice these key traits I’ve learned from my 9-month old daughter:
1. Wake up giggling.
2. Clap exuberantly after everything. This includes clapping after using the potty and eating breakfast.
3. Get others — preferably those much older than you — to wave their hands wildly in the air while shouting “Yeah!”
4. Taste something different… Such as a chair, a remote, a shoe, or someone else’s shoulder.
5. When you meet someone new, first shy away, then smile really big until they tell you how cute you are.
6. Take a bath with your favorite yellow rubber duckie.
7. Encourage someone you love to read you a couple of colorfully illustrated books right before bed.
8. Always fall asleep next to a plush lamb whose belly lights up while singing lullabies.
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, then please recommend it with others by using the buttons below. Also, receive a FREE copy of my latest eBook, “21 Quotes That Will Change Your Life!” when you sign-up to get future articles delivered via email or LIKE my Facebook Page.
[Illustration by C&D Silkscreening]